FT Advocate Manager
The Advocate Manager provides professional staff support to CASA volunteer advocates ensuring children involved with the CASA program receive sound advocacy and early permanency planning. This position supervises a case load of approximately 30 volunteers and manages the coordination of up to 45 CASA cases.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology or a related field.
- Experience working in the area of child advocacy and/or juvenile social work.
- Ability to work cooperatively with a wide array of personalities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially editing skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- Experience in volunteer management.
- Competency with personal computers and Windows products.
- Knowledge and understanding of issues and dynamics associated with child abuse.
- Knowledge of the juvenile justice and/or social services system.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgement with respect to matters of significance.
- Commitment to CASA goals and mission.
ADVOCATE/CASE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complete 30 hours of CASA volunteer training and court observation.
- Attend OK CASA Association volunteer supervisor trainings.
- Attend weekly court hearings, staffings and other meetings with or on behalf of the CASA and appropriately track all dates.
- Review and assign cases to appropriate volunteers.
- Assist volunteers with the development of case plans and advocacy strategies.
- Provide assistance and consultation with advocates as needed.
- Review, edit and disseminate court reports, assuring presentation is effective, concise and professional.
- Keep CASA volunteers updated on agency and external events, training, or other information needed in their role as a CASA.
- Motivate the CASA volunteers to fulfill their commitment to the children in their cases.
- Track and document statistical data utilizing the CASA Manager database to ensure timely and thorough case records on each case and volunteer.
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
In accordance with a CASA team philosophy, the person filling this position may be required to carry out or assist with other tasks in addition to the specified duties in this job description. These duties may include assisting with:
- Initial and in-service training.
- Recruitment and screening of volunteers.
- Public relations/awareness and fundraising.
- Volunteer recognition and retention events.
- Planning and implementing the Annual CASA Children’s Christmas Party.
- Providing office coverage.
Submit resumes to: Elizabeth Fisher 700 S. Boston, Suite 230, Tulsa, OK 74119 or firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.