Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director, the Development Director envisions plans and manages the fundraising strategies and activities of Tulsa CASA, Inc. to achieve the annual operating budget, endowment growth and long-term sustainability of the agency.
- Develop the long-range vision and plans for all fundraising activities of the organization.
- Prepare and implement a development/fundraising plan for the agency.
- Research, complete and submit grant applications as assigned.
- Determine fundraising policy and ensures best practices, in accordance with the Association for Fund Raising Professionals standards of excellence and ethics.
- Cultivate strong, positive donor relationships for the agency with individual, foundation, corporate, and community funders.
- Identify appropriate funding sources for current programs and special projects.
- Coordinate the preparation of items for use in fundraising activities including but not limited to video, print, internet and display materials. Ensure an accurate portrayal of agency activities while protecting client confidentiality.
- Oversee special events and working with the Board on the successful execution of all fundraising events.
- Assist with the agency budget.
- Collaborate with program staff to identify funding and in-kind donation needs that correspond to grant proposals.
- Develop and implement donor cultivation strategies such as annual giving and multi year planned giving programs. Effectively interact with key stakeholders such as agency staff, representatives of other non-profit organizations, Board members, fundraising consultants and advisory committee members.
- Assist the Executive Director and the Board of Directors in representing Tulsa CASA, Inc. to the community.
- Maintain donor database.
- Assist with social media and website maintenance.
- Develop and distribute the organization annual report each year.
- Acknowledge donors for gifts and implement and manage a donor recognition program.
- Assist in maintaining good relations with other agencies, donors and community groups.
- Develop and manage agency marketing and branding strategies and collaborates with staff to ensure publications and website include donor focused content.
- Coordinate all public and media relations and advertising for agency in communion with Development Team when appropriate.
In accordance with Tulsa CASA’s team philosophy, the person filling this position may be required to carry out or assist with other tasks in addition to the specified duties in this job description.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communication, Marketing or a related field.
- A minimum of three years experience in donor cultivation; major gifts; and creating and implementing a development plan.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Leadership skills including independent initiative, staff management and coordination, meeting facilitation, flexibility and the ability to handle multiple projects with specific deadlines.
- Familiarity with the Tulsa philanthropic community.
- Ability to work individually and in a team setting.
- CFRE and AFP membership preferred.
Apply online at: